Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm always looking for new, different, dishes to have as sides for BBQs. I loved this one because it's so easy to throw together without too much chopping and mixing. I found this in an old Cooking Light special edition.
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄4 cups chopped pink lady apples or 2 1⁄4 cups other sweet apples
- 1 (12 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
- Vinaigrette: combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Slaw: combine apple, broccoli slaw and dried cherries; drizzle with vinaigrette, toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds; chill up to 3 hours.