Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a healthy cold salad made with yogurt instead of all that mayo. Use a food chopper to speed up the prep time.
- 2 mcintosh apples or 2 empire apples or 2 cortland apples
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Core and chop apples.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Didn't miss the mayo a bit. The proportions of the ingredients are just right. I'm making a note to myself to cut the broccoli up the same size as the apples. Excellent salad!
Nice easy quick salad. Used cashews instead of walnuts and plain Greek yoghurt as that's what I already had. Went down well with the crew.
I used 2 cortland apples. I omitted the red onion. I used half low-fat vanilla yogurt and half light mayonnaise. It's better after a few hours in the fridge. I may add a little bit of sugar to the dressing next time. Or Splenda to make it healthier. Thanks Charlotte :) Made for Potluck tag game