My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (1587.57-1814.36 g) center-cut pork loin chops, 2 inches thick, with a pocket
- olive oil
- black pepper
- your favorite barbecue sauce, for basting
- 473.18 ml cornbread, day old & crumbled
- 44.37 ml butter
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 226.79 g hot Italian sausage
- 29.58 ml fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 9.85 ml dried thyme
- 1Brine chops 8 - 24 hours before cooking using Apple Brine.
- 2Fire up the grill and then make the stuffing. Dump the cornbread into a bowl and set aside. Grab a skillet and melt the butter in it over meduim-high heat. Toss in the onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook til soft, then toss in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Strip the casing off the sausage and crumble it into the skillet. Cook til it loses its pink color, chopping and stirring constantly to break up the pieces. Scrape it all into the corn bread. Mix in the parsley, pecorino romano cheese, and eggs and season it all with thyme, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
- 3Take the chops out of the brine and dry them off. Push 2 large pinches of stuffing into the pocket of each chop. Really stuff it in there tightly, filling it nice and full. Brush the chops with olive oil and season both sides with pepper. See how the grill's doing. Pile the coals to one side. Sear the chops directly over the coals, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Be careful not to overcook them at this point, because it will make them curl up.
- 4Slide the chops to the other side of the grill, away from the coals. Cover the grill and adjust the heat so that it's about 350 degrees inside. Cook the chops for 45 to 50 minutes. Take their temperature by inserting an instant-read thermometer horizontally into the meat, parallel to and close to the bone without touching it. When it reads 145 degrees, bast the chops with the Mutha Sauce, or your favorite bbq sauce. Cover the grill again and continue cooking for another 10 minutes, or til the internal meat temperature reaches 150 degrees.
- 5Pull those plump babies off the grill and eat em' up without delay.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Brined Pork Chops W/ Sausage and Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.1
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 412.9 mg
- Sodium 1484.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 103.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese