Recipe by FloridaGrl
In the summer, especially now we live in Florida, I don't like the prepare or eat heavy meals. This is really pleasant to have, flavorful and filling. Hope you enjoy it. You can use whatever kind of apples you like--my favorite are Granny Smiths. You an also add a grilled chicken breast to this.
- 4 large apples, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 8 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) brie round or 1 (8 ounce) camembert cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples on a ungreased baking sheet, brush with 2 tablespoons syrup. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; brush with the remaining syrup. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, cheese, pecans and apples. In a small saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.