Recipe by CaliforniaJan
Pick flavor-packed apples, such as Fujis, Braeburns, or Granny Smiths, to complement the Brie in these attractive packets. Serve as a first course or as an accompaniment to a lunch salad. Don't be afraid to try making crepes, they are so good. I've included detailed instructions to get perfect results! Note: prep time includes making the crepes.
Top Review by weekend cooker
For the apples, I used red delicious, and using walnuts, the made for a good starter earlier this week. Made recipe other thanI said as posted. Kids loved it before they went to school. Great tasting crepes. Made for your football pool win.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, preferably bleached
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- butter, for coating the pan
- 3⁄4 cup brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 small apples, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, blend the eggs, milk, water, flour, salt and the 2 tablespoons melted butter for 5 seconds, or until smooth. Stir down and repeat if necessary. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (though 2 hours is preferable) or up to 24 hours.
- Gently stir the batter if it has separated. Heat a seasoned 6- or 7-inch nonstick crepe pan over medium-high heat until hot. Coat the pan lightly with butter, lift the pan from the heat, and pour in 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan, tilting and rotating the pan to coat the surface. Cook until almost dry on top and lightly browned on the edges, about 1 minute. Loosen the edges with a metal spatula and flip the crepe over using your fingers or the spatula, then cook the other side for about 15 seconds, or until lightly browned. Turn the crepe out onto a clean tea towel to cool. Repeat with the remaining batter wiping the pan with butter as needed and stacking the crepes as they are cooked.
- Using the prepared crepes, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a crepe in a 12-by-18inch baking pan and arrange a slice of the cheese and 3 slices of apples evenly over half of it; fold over. Repeat with the remaining crepes. Brush the crepes with butter and sprinkle with nuts. Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve at once.