Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I want to share my recipe, a hearty and healthy muffin that suitable for breakfast and snacks. I made my own applesauce that I use splenda sweetener.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole meal flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup artificial sweetener
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1 cup sultana
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven of 375F/190C/Gas mark 5. Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray. Pour the lemon juice into milk, do not stir. Allow it to sit for 6 minutes.
- Mix Together the first 6 ingredients, such as oat bran, wheat bran, ground almond, whole meal flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another big bowl combine applesauce, sweetener, milk, oil, eggs. lemon rind, and baking soda until mix well.
- Create well in the middle of dry ingredients, pour the apple juice concentrate mixtures into the middle of the dry ingredients stir until well mixed.
- Add almond, and sultana and mix.
- Fill muffin pan approximately 3/4 full. Bake 20 minutes for regular muffins.
- NOTE: mini-muffins will take less time. You can freeze the muffin individually and just defrost when you needed.