1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was printed in the Toronto Star way back in 1990 and was featured in an article about The Elmwood Bed and Breakfast in Charlottetown, P.E.I. My family likes cake anytime and this recipe appeals to me in that it is made with easily obtainable ingredients, is not too sweet and can be enjoyed for breakfast or with a cup of coffee during the day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Filling and Topping
- 1Peel and slice apples; set aside.
- 2Combine sugar and cinnamon and reserve.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat together sugar, eggs, vanilla, oil and orange juice.
- 4In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 5Stir into egg batter until smooth.
- 6Spoon half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- 7Distribute the apples evenly over the batter and sprinkle on half of the cinnamon mixture.
- 8Pour in the remaining batter and sprinkle on the remaining cinnamon mixture.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- 10Let cool for 1 hour on a rack before turning out to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Breakfast Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5855.6
- Calories from Fat 2188
- Total Fat 243.1 g
- Saturated Fat 35.2 g
- Cholesterol 846.0 mg
- Sodium 1968.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 870.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.4 g
- Sugars 552.2 g
- Protein 66.7 g