Recipe by SkinnyFrogLegs
A quick yummy dish for brunch. Original recipe from Sunset October 2009 but I added the bacon and cheese on top. I don't have an ovenproof skillet so I cooked the butter, sugar, cinnamon and apples in a saucepan, poured the egg mixture in a greased 8" square glass casserole and poured the apple mixture on top. It worked fine. It'll serve six if you have other dishes available or armed guards at the buffet table.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Very different, very good! I followed the directions, using an overproof skillet. I added the lemon juice to the apple mixture, as I knew I wanted to try the optional cheddar. Easy to put together, and quick, too. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Skinnyfroglegs. (BTW, I love your chef name!) Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 44.37 ml butter
- 59.14 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 1 sweet apple, peeled and sliced thinly (Gala or Fuji)
- 3 large eggs
- 6 slice cooked bacon, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml flour
- 118.29 ml milk
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml powdered sugar
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 12 inch ovenproof frying pan over high heat.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon, swirling to combine.
- Add apple slices and cook until just starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- In a blender, whirl together eggs, bacon, salt, flour and milk.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and bake until puffed and brown, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Top with cheese, optional.