1/4 Photos of Apple Breakfast Cake
A quick yummy dish for brunch. Original recipe from Sunset October 2009 but I added the bacon and cheese on top. I don't have an ovenproof skillet so I cooked the butter, sugar, cinnamon and apples in a saucepan, poured the egg mixture in a greased 8" square glass casserole and poured the apple mixture on top. It worked fine. It'll serve six if you have other dishes available or armed guards at the buffet table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 sweet apple, peeled and sliced thinly (Gala or Fuji)
- 3 large eggs
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1Peheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Melt butter in a 12 inch ovenproof frying pan over high heat.
- 3Add brown sugar and cinnamon, swirling to combine.
- 4Add apple slices and cook until just starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 5In a blender, whirl together eggs, bacon, salt, flour and milk.
- 6Pour egg mixture into pan and bake until puffed and brown, about 15 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- 8Top with cheese, optional.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Breakfast Cake
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 132.6 mg
- Sodium 371.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g