Recipe by rsnelling42
I adapted this recipe from one I found on allrecipes.com. It's easy, delicious and freezes great. I use Yoplait Apple Strudel yogurt, but plain and vanilla are good options too.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 ounces nonfat yogurt
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8x4 loaf pan.
- Beat butter, sugar and yogurt until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and spices.
- Mix dry mix into batter until moistened. Fold in grated apples. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 min (keep an eye on it, could be 40-60), until a toothpick comes out clean.