Gluten-free living's Note:
Last night, my son asked for the apple bar recipe I used to make, so I had to dig it out of my archives. I originally got this recipe from michiganapples.com, but it's no longer there. I usually increase the recipe by 50% and bake it in a 9x13 pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or 1/2 cup whole wheat and 1/2 cup all purpose)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice (I use 1 tsp. cinnamon)
- 1 1/2 cups grated apples
- 1 eggs or 1 egg substitute, to make it vegan
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine dry ingredients in medium sized mixing bowl. Combine wet ingredients in separate bowl, then stir together.
- 3Spread in 9x9 pan and bake about 25 minutes or until light brown and tests clean with a toothpick.
- 4To make it gluten free, substitute your favorite gf flour blend for the whole wheat flour and be sure to use gluten-free oats.
- 5When I use the 9x9 pan, I cut it in half one way and quarters the other way to make 8 bars.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Breakfast Bar (Gluten-Free & Vegan Options)
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 199.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice