1 hr 5 mins
One of the better recipes for bread pudding. The vanilla sauce recipe may be cut in half if desired, but it is so good, you might just want to prepare it with the stated amounts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups French bread, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 1/2 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter (no subs)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, beaten
VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, raisins and apples.
- 4In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1-3/4 cups half and half cream and 1/4 cup butter.
- 5Cook and stir until butter melts and the mixture is well blended (it does not have to boil).
- 6Pour over bread mixture in the bowl.
- 7In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla and eggs.
- 8Pour the bread mixture into the prepared baking dish, and drizzle egg mixture on top.
- 9Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the center is set, and apple are tender.
- 10Serve with warm vanilla sauce.
- 11To make vanilla sauce: Combine white sugar, brown sugar, half and half cream, whipping cream and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil and simmer for 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- 12Remove from heat, add in vanilla; mix to combine.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Bread Pudding With Vanilla Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1714.5
- Calories from Fat 820
- Total Fat 91.2 g
- Saturated Fat 54.7 g
- Cholesterol 349.3 mg
- Sodium 1422.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 208.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 120.8 g
- Protein 21.6 g