Apple Bread Pudding With Maple Rum Sauce
- In large bowl, combine bread cubes, apples and raisins. Place in greased 9-inch (2.5 L) square baking pan.
- Whisk together eggs; stir in Eagle Brand, hot water, butter and maple extract. Pour over bread cube mixture, completely moistening bread.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Serve warm with maple rum sauce.
- *** Maple Rum Sauce - Over medium heat, melt together butter, whipping cream and brown sugar until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in rum and maple extract. Serve warm over apple bread pudding. Makes about 1 cup.