2 hrs 15 mins
Raquel Grinnell's Note:
This is an Emeril Lagasse recipe that I didn't want to lose, so I am posting it here. I haven't tried it yet, but if anyone does, let me know if it's any good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups cubed stale cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup dried apple
Hard Cider Sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10 by 14-inch baking dish with the butter and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the cream, cider, sugar, melted butter, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk to combine. Add the bread, fresh and dried apples, and stir to combine.
- 3Pour into the prepared dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the bread is well saturated, up to 1 hour.)
- 4Bake until the top is golden brown and the center is firm, about 1 hour.
- 5Remove from the oven and let sit on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cut into pieces and drizzle with the Hard Cider Sauce. Serve immediately.
- 6Hard Cider Sauce:
- 7In the top of a double boiler, melt the butter over simmering water. Add the sugar and whisk to combine, whisking for 1 minute.
- 8Add the cider and whisk until the sugar is dissolved, 2 minutes.
- 9Remove from the heat and add the egg yolks, 1 at a time, whisking constantly.
- 10Return to the heat and continue whisking until the sauce is pale and slightly thickened, 5 minutes.
- 11Remove from the heat.
- 12Spoon the sauce over the pudding and serve immediately. (Note: The sauce will thicken and set up as it cools. If you desire a thicker consistency, serve the sauce slightly cooled.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Bread Pudding With Hard Cider Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.0
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 290.7 mg
- Sodium 192.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon raisin bread
hard alcoholic cider