Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed (slightly stale)
- 1 cup granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated 2% milk
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, toss bread cubes and apples together.
- In separate bowl, whisk together brown sugar and eggs.
- Add evaporated milk, skim milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and whisk again.
- Pour egg/milk mixture over bread cubes and apples.
- Stir well and let stand 5 minutes for bread to absorb liquid.
- Transfer mixture to an 8 x 8"- baking pan coated with non-stick spray, ensuring apples are evenly distributed.
- Bake 50 minutes or until bread is deep golden brown and puffed up.
- A knife inserted in the centre should come out clean.
Thanks for this fabulous recipe, Dancer. We have thoroughly enjoyed this bread pudding. I had some cinnamon raisin bread just sitting in the fridge, and I was going to toss it, but then I found this recipe and decided that this was putting that bread to better use ;) Tastes DELICOUS....its very easy to prepare...and leftovers taste fabulous cold hehe :) Thanks!!! [edited] I wanted to edit my review to state that I have now made this recipe today (31 March 2004) for the 4th time since February 24, 2004). I made it a second time to take to a dear friend's birthday, a third time for my family, and now a 4th time because my fiance was craving it so much, because he just loves it. Thanks so much for this recipe! :)
I was looking for an apple bread pudding recipe and came upon this. Turned out, I had raisin bread that had been sitting in the freezer for over 2 year and was appropriately stale! The pudding smelled delicious while cooking and was even better in my tummy! Thanks for a delicious recipe!
Easy and yummy - I subbed yellow peaches for apples and it was a great success .