Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good way to get apples into your diet :P
- 3 cups dry bread cubes (4 slices bread)
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a buttered 8" x 8" x 2" baking pan, layer half the dry bread cubes.
- In another dish, combine applesauce with 1/2 t cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread over bread cubes.
- Layer remaining bread cubes atop. Dot with butter.
- Combine egg, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour over bread mixture.
- Lightly sprinkle cinnamon over top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until a knife inserted just off center comes out clean.