Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An excellent dish! Kids love this!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 -9 slices bread
- 2 cups sliced apples
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Spread margarine on bottom and side of 8 cup casserole dish.
- Remove crusts, toast and place bread on bottom and sides.
- Place apples, raisins, and spices in a bowl.
- Combine cream, milkand sugar in a pan and bring to a boil Pour gradually into eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine with apple/raisin mixture.
- Pour onto bread.
- Cover with remaining bread slices.
- Place in large pan of hot water (3" deep) Bake 400F 1 hour.
- Cool 2 hours before serving.