1/1 Photo of Apple Bread
1 hr 5 mins
Barenaked Chef's Note:
This bread is moist and tender, and full of raisins, fresh apples and walnuts! Using buttermilk makes all of the diffence.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups peeled diced cooking apples
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Cream ½ cup butter, gradually adding sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Dissolve soda in buttermilk; add to batter, mixing well.
- 4Stir in flour.
- 5Add vanilla, and stir well.
- 6Stir in apples, walnuts and raisins.
- 7Spoon into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- 8Drizzle melted butter over loaves.
- 9Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; stir well, and sprinkle over loaves.
- 10Bake at 350 for about 40-45 minutes.
- 11Cool in pan 5 minutes; turn out on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1854.4
- Calories from Fat 698
- Total Fat 77.5 g
- Saturated Fat 36.4 g
- Cholesterol 349.3 mg
- Sodium 1102.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 273.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 163.3 g
- Protein 26.1 g