Recipe by *SpeechTeachMe*
This recipe came from a children's book that someone at the school that I worked at copied for all the staff. It came with a small story of how an Italian woman in the author's parish would make many of these loaves to give out to the children to celebrate St. Joseph's Day. The bread is very moist and delicious.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add to liquid mixture.
- Add vanilla, apples, and nuts to mixture.
- Put into two loaf pans sprayed with Pam.
- Sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.