Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a moist and good tasting Apple bread. Perfect for fall! I grew up in Michigan on an apple orchard - so we had alot of apples in the fall...so this to me tastes best with hot apple cider..but I bet tea or coffee or a cold glass of milk would be good too.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, milk and add to mixture.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powders- then stir into creamed mixture.
- Add chopped apples.
- Combine topping ingredients into separate bowl.
- Spoon 1/2 batter mixture into greased 9x5 bread pan.
- Sprinkle half of topping mixture over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter into pan.
- Sprinkle remaining topping- add nuts if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Very Good. Made this with Apples from my apple tree. Will definately make this again.