Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend, Patty Urbanski, made this while I was visiting her. I loved it so much that I chose to have it for breakfast every morning that I was there and made it the day after I got home from the trip. It might start out as a typical apple bread, but the topping sets this one apart. She keeps it in the refrigerator and while she always warmed her piece up in the microwave, I ate mine cold. It is so nice that it makes 2 loaves since hubby doesn't frown when you take one of the loaves to a friend.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups apples, chopped
- 1 cup pecans
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Cream eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add flour, soda, salt, apples, and pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour in buttered and floured loaf pans. (can use PAM).
- Right before taking the loaves from the oven, boil butter, brown sugar, and milk for 3 minutes.
- Pour over hot bread.
- Do not remove from pans for at least 2 hours.
- Wrap in foil and keep in refrigerator.
This was good bread.It was a little bland though.Next time i will add a little cinnamon and nutmeg