Cook1 hr 30 mins
This sounds heavenly! Also from hobbyfarmers.com. Enjoy!
Make and share this Apple Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, and grease and flour an 8- by 5-inch loaf pan.
- Cream shortening and sugar together until fluffy; beat in eggs.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, alternating with portions of the grated apple.
- Stir in lemon peel and walnuts. The batter will be stiff.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean and top is nicely browned.
- Cool thoroughly; do not slice until cold.