1/2 Photos of Apple Bread
1 hr 20 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
I believe this is a Penzey's recipe. It has apples and almond extract. Great flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml chopped peeled apples, cut into about 1 inch chunks
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml salt or 9.85 ml salt substitute
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour or 709.77 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease two 9x5" bread loaf pans and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the oil and beat until combined.
- 3Add the vanilla, almond, baking soda, salt and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- 4Next, add the 3 cups flour and 2 cups sugar on low just to blend. Turn the mixer to high and beat until mix is smooth. The batter will be very thick.
- 5Fold in the chopped apples, mixing by hand so the apples do not get too broken up.
- 6Divide the mix between two pans. Since the batter is so thick, it is easiest to spoon the batter into the pans.
- 7To prepare the topping, combine the 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 8Cut the butter into the mix with a fork (or your hands) until all ingredients are moist and crumbly.
- 9Sprinkle equal amounts of topping on each loaf.
- 10Bake for about 1 hour on the center rack of the oven. The loaf should feel fairly firm when touched in the middle, or cook an extra 5 minutes.
- 11Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from the pans.
- 12It is easier to slice the bread if you can wait until it is cooled. Makes 2 loaves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Bread
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 344.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g