Recipe by Gingerbear
This apple bread recipe is from Puffin Inn in Ogunquit, Maine
Top Review by SaraFish
Delicious! Rich-tasting because off all the eggs and oil. I sprinkled the top of the loaves with cinnamon sugar before baking and it made a delightful little sugary crust on top. My only suggestion is to bake it for 50 - 60 minutes, and check on it. I baked for 60 minutes without checking on it and it got a little overcooked. Otherwise a very yummy loaf of teatime bread!
- 709.77 ml flour
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml oil
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml diced apples (, without skins)
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 4.92 ml flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, cinnamon, soda, salt and baking powder together.
- Beat eggs and add sugar and oil.
- Add vanilla and dry ingredients.
- Stir in apples.
- Mix walnuts in a tsp of flour and add to batter.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.