Recipe by Gingerbear
This apple bread recipe is from Puffin Inn in Ogunquit, Maine
Top Review by SaraFish
Delicious! Rich-tasting because off all the eggs and oil. I sprinkled the top of the loaves with cinnamon sugar before baking and it made a delightful little sugary crust on top. My only suggestion is to bake it for 50 - 60 minutes, and check on it. I baked for 60 minutes without checking on it and it got a little overcooked. Otherwise a very yummy loaf of teatime bread!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups diced apples (, without skins)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, cinnamon, soda, salt and baking powder together.
- Beat eggs and add sugar and oil.
- Add vanilla and dry ingredients.
- Stir in apples.
- Mix walnuts in a tsp of flour and add to batter.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.