Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From one of the many yahoo groups, not sure which .Yummy, sweet and fluffy. Use as muffins or bread . This batter is really thick, you might even think there is not enough batter to apples. Bake em, you won't be sorry.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Electric hand mixer not recommended.
- Workout those arms . LOL.
- In a large bowl combine baking soda, cinnamon, salt, granulated sugar, packed brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
- Add 3 eggs lightly beaten, 2 tsp vanilla, 3 cups flour, 1 cup walnuts (optional).
- Fold in 3 cups peeled chopped apples ( I use Granny Smiths).
- Pour into loaf pans or muffin tins and bake 60 to 70 minutes for loafs. Or 25 minutes for muffins .
Absolutely delicious. I had odds and ends apples from several trips to the orchard. They were getting a little pithy for eating so I made this recipe. Both my and my husband's co-workers raved about this bread. Batter was very heavy, I don't know if I could have stirred it without my Kitchen Aid mixer but it is absolutely a fantastic bread.