Recipe by dicentra
This is from the Horn of the Moon Cookbook. I hate to throw anything out, so when fruit gets over ripe, I make breads. This is really good for breakfast. Adding cinnamon and raisins to the batter would be good too. Make sure you mix everything together well.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk (soy works)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped unpeeled apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and honey.
- Add eggs, then flour, salt, baking powder and milk.
- Add nuts and apples last. Pour into an oiled loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.