Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious recipe from a magazine. The bread can be made into muffins or 8-inch round cake pans instead of a loaf.
- 1 (3 lb) bagsmall apples (12 to 14 apples)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Peel and finely chop enough apples to equal 3 cups. Set aside.
- Stir together sugar and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients; add to sugar mixture, stirring just until blended. Batter will be stiff. Fold in finely chopped apples and 1 cup pecans.
- Divide batter evenly between 2 greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.