Recipe by Dib's
Top Review by Roosie
This is pretty good, however, my oven took only about 45 minutes for it to be thoroughly done at 375*. I put in fair sized chunks of apple, however, I think that very small or even grated apple would be better for this. Overall, a fair recipe- just a little tweaking needed and it makes a very moist and yummy bread.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 medium granny smith apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix together the first five ingredients until smooth.
- In another bowl mix the flour, salt.
- baking powder and soda and cinnamon.
- Add the egg mixture to this and stir to combined.
- Add the apples, raisins and nuts-stir to just mixed.
- Spread batter into two well greased bread pans.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes-do the toothpick test.
- Let cool in pans on racks for 10 minutes-turn out and cool completely.