Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
Got this in an email from www.chow.com - made it up because it turned COLD here! Used honey instead of the recommended honey liqueur (have to go out of state to snag some of that). It's delicious, bone warming & soothing! Wonderful for a cold evening snugged in with someone you love... or a good book... or a great movie... or reruns of The Wire...
- 4 ounces water
- 1 ounce calvados (or apple brandy)
- 1 ounce honey liqueur (Barenjager brand or honey)
- 1 dash nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1 lemon wedge
- Heat water to boiling.
- Pour brandy and honey liqueur or honey into a heatproof glass.
- Add water and nutmeg and stir with a cinnamon stick or bar spoon.
- Float lemon wedge on top and serve.
i did use the honey liquer and i think it pushed it over the top on the overly strong side..even for me! i did find myself back in the kitchen adding regular honey and it did help a little bit... next time i might leave out the honey liquer