It's apple time! This is wonderful apple brandy. It's quick and easy. The longer it sits, the better. I just strain it through cheesecloth before serving, if it settles again. I have also used coffee filters for a fine strain, it just takes longer. I have some that is 8 years old and it is a beautiful amber color and very smooth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I remove the seeds because I think they make it bitter if left in the apple.
- 2I don't use top shelf brandy, I use a less expensive brandy but not the cheapest either, something in between.
- 3I use a glass gallon screw-top jar.
- 4Combine all ingredients and place cover on tightly-invert jar, I always place it in a large pan, just in case it might leak.
- 5(although, this has never happened) Let jar stand 24 hours, turn jar upright and let stand another 24 hours.
- 6Repeat process until sugar dissolves.
- 7Store in a dark, cool place 4-6 weeks.
- 8Strain through cheesecloth into decanter.
- 9Note: I always use very dark red sweet apples and I think that it is the dark red skin that gives the brandy a nice color.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Brandy Cordial
Serving Size: 1 (1719 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7041.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 807.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.0 g
- Sugars 755.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g