Prep 864 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Homemade toddys, yummy apple brandy.
- 2 cups chopped red apples
- 3 cinnamon sticks, 3 inch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brandy
- 3 cups dry white wine
- Combine apples, cinnamon sticks, and water in a sauce pan.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 10 minutes; add sugar, stir until dissolved. Cool.
- Combine apple mixture, brandy, and wine in large airtight glass container.
- Store in cool dark place for 3 weeks, shaking container every 3 days.
- Strain through double thickness cheesecloth. Pour into glass bottle and cover tightly.
- Store in cool dark place for 2 weeks before drinking.