Recipe by ChefRed
Recipe comes from book "Beautiful Breads and Fillings and Fabulous Fillings" by Margaux Sky, who owns cafe/bakery in San Luis Obispo, California.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 16 ounces five-grain cereal
- 1 (17 ounce) box100% all-bran cereal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dark molasses
- 5 -6 apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 5-grain mix, bran cereal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine the soy milk, brown sugar, olive oil, and molasses.
- Add the soy milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the apples and raisins.
- Generously butter the muffin tin.
- Fill each compartment to the brim or just over.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool, but serve warm and drizzle with maple syrup or honey.