Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
Really tasty and lots of fibre. Great for mid-morning snack.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter (or margarine)
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple, peeled and shredded
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Combine bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into liquid ingredients. Mix well. Stir in apple and raisins. Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake 400 degrees 17 - 23 minutes, or until set.
Very moist and full of flavor! My only complaint is they are too sweet. I would cut back on the sugar next time. I left the skins on the apples to add even more fiber and vitamins. Even the kids really enjoyed these muffins. Thanks!