Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe from the cook at the child care center I worked at during college. The kids and staff loved this. Very healthy, too!
- 2 cups whole all-bran cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups chopped apples
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Soak bran in milk, until absorbed.
- Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg whites and beat well.
- Stir in apples and bran mixture.
- Add rest of dry ingredients to mixture.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and then cut.
This is a good recipe, and the result is yummy! The consistency was more of a cake than a bar, though.