Recipe by ShelEB
I went to dinner at a great restaurant near Detroit, ordering chops with a wonderful savory-sweet apple and dried cherry sauce. This is my interpretation of the dish. It is a quick, yet impressive dish.
- 4 thick cut boneless pork chops
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup dried tart cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until just about ready to carmelize.
- Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Dredge with flour on both sides.
- Brown chops for about five minutes on each side.
- After browning both sides, pour apple juice over chops.
- Let the chops cook in the juice for another five minutes over med-low heat.
- Do not cover.
- Remove chops and add onion and garlic back into the pan.
- Reduce sauce slightly, adding dried cherries in last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- To serve, plate chops with wild rice and spoon a bit of the sauce over each chop.
- Depending on thickness of the chops, you may need to adjust cooking time slightly.