Recipe by Anne Sainz
This delicious salad is from drfuhrman.com. I have simplified the instructions so it is a little easier to make. To chop bok choy: Trim the rough edge off the root ends of the bok choy, then cut across the stem just below the leaf. Slice the white stem portion into 3 or 4 lengthwise strips, then cut across to dice. Slice the leafy top crosswise and then cut each strip into 1 inch pieces.
Top Review by Linda W.
Loved this recipe and made a few alterations: sliced the carrot and onion. Did not peel the apple but chopped it into 1/2" chunks. Added 1/2 lb. tofu cubed into 1/2" chunks. Tossed it all together and sprinkled toasted sesame seeds on top for fun.
- 16 ounces bok choy, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews or 1⁄4 cup raw smooth cashew butter or 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk or 1⁄2 cup hemp milk
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop bok choy and set aside in a large bowl. If you haven’t worked with bok choy before, see Anne Sainz’s notes above.
- Place cashews, milk, vinegar, raisins and mustard in food processor or high powered blender and combine until smooth.
- Add apple, carrot and onion and process until chopped fine.
- Add processed mixture to bok choy and mix well.