Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh if possibl
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (either storebought or your own recipe)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl,stir together sugar,cornstarch and salt.
- Add apples,blueberries and lemon juice;toss to coat the fruit.
- Turn into pastry lined 9" pie plate.
- Dot with margarine.
- Add top crust; seal and flute edge.
- Pierce top crust evenly with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in oven until crust is browned and filling is bubbly.
This was a very simple recipe, that makes a fabulous product. In exchange for a few tedious minutes of apple peeling, your reward is a pie that will recieve high praises from all. The initial apple-blueberry combination sounds odd, however the end results will shock, and please your taste buds!
This is a great recipe but I would recommend trying it with a crumb topping esp. if you use granny smith apple it's sweeter and great with vanilla ice cream on the side...but then what isn't??
Was Excellent! Did Add A Teaspoon of Cinamon! But Was Great!!!