Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Frozen blueberries can be used in this pie in place of the fresh berries. Partially thaw the frozen berries before adding them to the filling. From Pillsbury.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 4 cups sliced peeled baking apples (4 medium)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- Heat oven to 425. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust filled pie using 9 inch pie pan.
- In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix with fork until crumbly. Spoon fruit into crust-lined pan. Spoon topping evenly over fruit.
- Bake at 425 for 50-70 minutes or until apples are tender and edges are bubbly. Cover entire pie loosely with foil after 20 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool 2 hours. Serve warm or cold.
This pie was amazing! I used frozen blueberries and it worked great.