1/3 Photos of Apple-Blueberry Crisp With Oatmeal Topping
1 hr 10 mins
To save time you can make the topping up to a day in advance, cover and refrigerate. The amounts listed makes a sweet oatmeal topping, you can reduce the sugars slightly for a less sweeter taste if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen, do not thaw if frozen)
- 3 -4 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (no substitutes!)
- vanilla ice cream
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 2-quart casserole dish (or larger).
- 3For the topping; in a bowl combine 3/4 cup flour plus 2 tablespoons flour, oats, both sugars and cinnamon; cut in the butter using a pastry blender (I just use my fingers!) until the mixture resembles small peas; set aside while making the fruit mixture (or refrigerate until ready to use).
- 4In a large bowl; toss the apples with FRESH blueberries, both sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg (if using frozen berries then add in later).
- 5Let the apple mixture sit out at room temperature for about 25 minutes.
- 6Place the apple/blueberry mixture into the prepared baking dish (if you are using frozen berries then add in now).
- 7Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons melted butter over the fruit mixture.
- 8Sprinkle the prepared topping mixture evenly over the top of the fruit mixture.
- 9Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- 10Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Blueberry Crisp With Oatmeal Topping
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.4
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 258.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 46.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g