Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend many years ago. It's always a big hit when it is served! The recipe calls for whipping cream, but I usually use whole milk since I don't always have cream in the house. Awesome served for dessert or breakfast!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Melt butter in the cream/milk. Cool.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and eggs for 1-2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add cooled butter mixture, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until smooth (batter will be thick).
- Spread into greased and floured 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Very good low sugar cake. I used half/half instead of whipping cream and didn't notice any difference. The cake uses simple ingredients and comes out very moist. As mentioned, the batter mixes up very thick. The only negative comment is that it really could use more spice. I think it would be more flavorful with a teaspoon or cinnamon or a sprinkling of cinnamon/sugar on the top before baking. Overall I think it's a no fail recipe.
YOU'VE GOT A GREAT TASTING CAKE HERE! It just came out of the oven & I had to have a piece of it along with some homemabe blueberry ice cream that a friend of mine brought over yesterday! OUTSTANDING! I used Fuji apples & those, in combo with the berries ~ right on! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]