7 hrs 15 mins
Great for parties! This is a rich, wonderful offering for your guests that they will really, unabashedly, appreciate. Be prepared for the request for the recipe...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 sharp apples, peeled,cored,and diced (Granny Smith)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 lbs cream cheese, at room temp
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 12 ounces good blue cheese or 12 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 5 eggs
- 1Right before you're ready to go to bed, preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Then, spray oil inside a 9-inch spring-form pan (or a 2-quart soufflé dish), and dust the bottom and sides with 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan; set aside.
- 3In a skillet, cook the bacon until it is crisp; remove, drain, crumble, and reserve (discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat).
- 4Add the onion to the bacon drippings in the pan and cook over medium heat until soft, about 2 min.
- 5Add the apples and continue cooking until the onion is very tender and the apple has lost its raw look, about 2 to 3 more minutes; remove from heat, add the garlic, green onion, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- 6In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft; mix in the vinegar, whiskey, blue cheese, remaining Parmesan, and eggs.
- 7Add salt, pepper, the reserved bacon, and reserved apple mixture and mix well.
- 8Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
- 9Clean up and go to bed... when you awake 7 to 9 hours later, the cake will appear set, the top will have barely colored, and the surface will be flawless.
- 10Remove to a rack and cool in the pan for an hour, until the pan is cool enough to handle; cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and an inverted plate.
- 11Holding the plate tight to the pan, invert both; remove the pan and refrigerate the cake upside down for at least 1 hour (if necessary, the cake can stay refrigerated in this way all day).
- 12Invert a serving plate over the cheesecake and invert the whole thing.
- 13Remove the top plate and the paper; cover and refrigerate.
- 14Cut with a long sharp knife dipped in warm water to prevent sticking. Serve with crisp toasts and/or freshly wedged apples - makes 16 servings.
- 15Posted by PegW at Gail's Recipe Swap.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple, Blue Cheese, and Bacon Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.0
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 156.8 mg
- Sodium 653.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar