Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Even better than the traditional Crumble :) Can be made with other fruits.
- 1 kg apple, peeled & cored
- 4 tablespoons apple juice
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g butter
- 125 g light muscovado sugar
- 142 ml sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 300 g blackberries
- 50 g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Place the apples in a pan with the apple juice & simmer gently together for 15 minutes until the apples have softened.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180c/gas 4. Place the flour & baking powder in a large bowl & rub in the butter using your fingertips.Stir in 75g of the sugar, the soured cream & beaten egg.
- Spoon the softened apples & there juices into a ovenproof dish & stir in the blackberries.Spoon over the scone topping - dont worry if it doesnt cover the filling completely & there are a few gaps.
- Mix together the hazelnuts & the remaining sugar, & sprinkle over the top. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is risen & golden & the the juices are bubbling.(cover the dish loosley in foil if it is getting too dark). Leave to stand for 5 minutes then serve.