1 hr 30 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is from the R.S.V.P. section of an April 1988 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. It was requested from Elizabeth on 37th in Savannah, Georgia. The apple-blackberry combination is luscious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
To Make Topping
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 5 tablespoons well-chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons well-chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
To Make Filling
- 1For Topping.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Blend flour, sugar and pecans in processor.
- 4Cut in butter using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 5For Filling.
- 6Mix sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in large bowl.
- 7Add apples and lemon juice and toss.
- 8Mix in berries.
- 9Mound fruit mixture in pie shell; sprinkle with topping.
- 10Bake until filling bubbles and topping is golden brown, about 50 minutes.
- 11Cool slightly in pan on rack.
- 12Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Blackberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.0
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 164.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 55.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g