Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an easy and delish desert that is excellent on a summer day served warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
- 4 large apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- cooking spray
- preheat oven to 400 degrees in a big bowl combine blackberries, apples and 1/2 cup of sugar and two tsp of flour.
- toss to coat.
- pour mixture into a 11x17 baking dish that has been sprayed.
- next combine one cup sugar and the 3/4 cup of flour.
- cut in butter until the mixture looks crumby.
- Sprinkle crumbs over fruit and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden and apples are tender.
A very nice dessert,so easy to make, and so lovely to look at. I used huge (really, really, really huge) blackberries and some McIntosh apples. The combination of these fruits and the "crisp" topping was delightful. It was simply divine! The combinations are unlimited (thinking peaches)!!! Thanks for sharing this great summer dessert recipe. It will definately be used again soon :-)
This was such an easy dish to make. Yet it tasted like I slaved over it all day. I'm not one for the sticky,hard crisp so I made it in a 9x13 and it turned out more like a cobbler. Next time, I think I'll double the batch to make it good and thick. Like you said Jewelz "delish desert". I served it with ice cream. This dish served 12 people and all 12 really enjoyed it. Thanks for a great recipe.