Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
On a search for ways to use my favorite little concentrate, Ribena, I found this recipe online.
- 4 cups unsweetened apple cider
- 2 tablespoons black currant syrup (Ribena)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 large cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients; simmer over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain hot cider and serve in mugs with cinnamon sticks and orange peel for garnish.
- Note: The longer the cider simmers, the stronger the flavour of the spices.
I come from n.w indiana, and in this area we love apples, I live 5 miles away from the biggest apple orchard in the midwest, so I thought I would try it. It was very good, but next time I would add an extra tablespoon of brown sugar. An excellent recipe.