1/2 Photos of Apple Betty
1 hr 15 mins
This comes from the 2006 October issue of Family Circle magazine and uses a crumbled prepared pound cake to simplify the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package poundcake, quartered
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 5 rome apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) packages fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut up
- vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 2-qt deep baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2Place half of pound cake in a food processor. Pulse until no large pieces remain. Add second half of pound cake and pulse until crumbs are formed. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in melted butter, almonds and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice until blended.
- 3In a second large bowl, combine apple slices, blueberries, brown sugar and remaining ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice. Toss to combine.
- 4Sprinkle ½ c of crumb mixture into bottom of prepared dish, coating evenly. Top with half of the apple mixture and half of the remaining crumb mixture. Repeat, ending with remaining crumb mixture on top. Dot top of mixture with the cold butter pieces and cover dish with foil.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then uncover and continue to bake for another 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cool at least 15 minutes before serving with ice cream on the side, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Betty
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.2
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.5 mg
- Sodium 119.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g