Recipe by Ronin Asturias
This is a fun, inexpensive and delicious recipe for those hot, summer days the family will love! Originally conceived by my grandmother as a healthy treat.
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 1 pint strawberry, diced (about 1 1/2c)
- 2 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly or 2 tablespoons apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and slice apples using a peeler/corer/slicer. Coarsely chop apple slices using a food chopper. Dice strawberries and kiwi using a chef's knife. Place fruit in a small batter bowl.
- Zest orange using a lemon zester/scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice orange to measure 2 Tablespoons juice.
- Add zest, juice, brown sugar and jelly to fruit mixture; mix gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spoon into serving bowl and enjoy alone or with baked cinnamon chips!