Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was a quick and easy freezer jam recipe I got from the Ball canning site. It is delicious! I love using the new plastic 8 oz freezer jam containers too.
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) packageball simple creations freezer jam fruit pectin
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 cups peeled cored, chopped apples (about 4 large)
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed raspberries (2 6-oz containers fresh or 1 12-oz bag frozen)
- Stir sugar and contents of pectin package in a bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Combine apples, pomegranate juice and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Crush apples with a potato masher. Allow to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Add fruit mixture to sugar/pectin mixture, stirring just to combine. Continue stirring for 3 minutes.
- Using a funnel, ladle jam into five, clean 8 oz plastic freezer jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, refrigerate up to three weeks or freeze up to one year.
Very unique flavor. We loved this recipe. My kids said they could eat it everyday ~lol~