Recipe by Divinemom5
I reccomend making the Vanilla Bean Hard Sauce to go with this(Another Recipezaar recipe)I buy bags of cranberries when they are available and keep them in the freezer.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml wheat germ
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 793.78 g cooking apples, peeled,cored,sliced (6 cups)
- 473.18 ml fresh cranberries or 473.18 ml frozen cranberries, partially thawed
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients,set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar,beat well.
- Add milk and egg,beating well.
- Stir in flour mixture,set aside.
- Combine apples and next 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine cornstarch and water.
- Add to apples,stir well.
- Spoon fruit mixture into lightly greased 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls over fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees,for 45-60 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with Vanilla Bean Hard Sauce (another Recipezaar recipe) or ice cream.